Followers

My Overnight Stay At The University Arms Cambridge

A few weeks ago I decided to check into the University Arms* in Cambridge. The hotel was celebrating its 1st Birthday since it reopened last year so it seemed fitting that I should pay it a visit with the room prices being on offer! Having visited the restaurant Parkers Tavern in the hotel on multiple occasions it made me want to have the full experience of staying and dining at the hotel.



University Arms Cambridge was reborn in 2018 by architect John Simpson and interior designer Martin Brudnizki, offering 192 rooms and suites. The style is undeniably British. Classic Edwardian interiors are combined with bespoke, leather-padded writing desks, low ottomans and tiered chandeliers in playful colours and rooms full of natural light. We stayed in one of the Cosy rooms on the 6th floor of the Hotel. 



The colour scheme and attention to detail of the rooms creates a peaceful and relaxing space to wind down in after a busy day. It makes it the perfect retreat from the busy city without travelling out of it! My personal favourite part of the room was the ensuite, it couldn't have been more dreamy. With heated floors and fluffy bathrobes I was sold from first sight. The Dr Harris Perfumers toiletries smelt amazing and I wish you could buy them because I need that shower gel at home! Not forgetting to mention the marble surfaces and touches of gold.












After settling into our room we headed downstairs to Parkers Tavern to grab some dinner and a cocktail. We both decided to try out Tristan's Classic British Beef Spaghetti Bolognese and finished off with our own ice cream sundaes we customised to the final flourish. If you want to see more on my thoughts of Parker’s Tavern you can see a dedicated post to it a few months back on my blog!




After settling in after some cocktails in the bar we resided to bed, well fed and super relaxed. Though the thought of breakfast made me want morning to come around quicker! The breakfast set up was filled with so many yummy options I didn’t get many good photos of it. There were baskets filled with glorious pastries and bread for toast, on the other counter was a continental selection with cold meats and cheeses and the condiments for yoghurts and toast. We also had the option of hot buffet items under these food warmers, again I didn't manage to take my photos as I was too busy enjoying all the amazing food 😅.



After breakfast we sadly had to check out, I really didn't want to leave. We had such a lovely stay I will definitely be returning at some point! I must say that the breakfast was very kindly gifted by the Parkers Tavern team as they'd seen me posting about my stay but the rest of our stay we paid for!  

No comments