Followers

Eating My Way Round Amsterdam 🇳🇱🍴

Last week I ventured back to the wonderful city of Amsterdam, with plenty of food inspiration to explore from searching through instagram I was on a mission to try it all! If you haven't seen my post from my previous trip there I shall link them here: Day 1 & 2 and Day 3 & 4.



The day were arrived was Shrove Tuesday so understandably our first stop was to find some pancakes! We had been recommended Pancakes Amsterdam by a family friend so we stopped by the Spui outlet of the chain. We both opted for bacon and cheese dutch pancakes due to the sheer amount of other sugar I had planned savoury seemed the best option! It was certainly very filling, I was unfortunately defeated by the size of it but it was very tasty!

 


We were staying at the INK Hotel Amsterdam  which I must say was amazing and we had a great stay there. We dinned twice in their restaurant called the Pressroom , as the building used to be the base of the dutch newspaper 'De Tijd'. The first night I had the risotto which was the perfect portion size, packed full of flavour from the asparagus and pine nuts. The last night of our stay we returned and I decided to splash out and have the peppered steak served with peppercorn sauce, confit shallot and mashed potato. The steak melted like butter under a hot knife and was up there with some of the best steaks I've ever had. I would really recommend this hotel and its restaurant and I would certainly book again!



The first morning breakfast destination was one I had been to before on my previous trip as its an instagrammers paradise. Pluk has a sort of boho chic vibe with gorgeous homeward and foodie goods to match! If your looking for instagrammable smoothie bowls or avocado based dishes this is a must visit. It does get quite busy and you can't make reservations but its worth waiting for! We had the Bali bowl and some lemon and poppy seed cake.



Van Stapele Koekmakerij Cookies are also one to get to early in the day, as once the 3000 cookies they bake a day are gone they close! I had to make two trips to catch these elusive cookies but they were worth the wait! They only bake one type of cookie; They are made from a high quality chocolate dough, full of Valrhona ingredients. The cookie’s crispy outside envelopes a soft white chocolate filling. Perfect afternoon snack! 



Pastai is a lovely little Italian restaurant I found on one of the foodie instagram accounts. They change their menu weekly so there is plenty of chance to go and try something new each time! I had some really nice arancini and pasta with courgette and cheese. Perfect spot for some delicious fresh pasta! Service was quick and certainly filled us up after a day of walking round all the museums! Though I do wish I had tried their chocolate cake as I had read many a good word about it online!



Melly's Cookie Bar is a artisan bakery are famous for their cookies,  Argentinian Alfajores and Dulce de leche and Yerba mate. So obviously I had the chocolate cake with dulce de leche for my breakfast with a hot chocolate! Perfect little pitstop before exploring more of the city for a sweet treat and hot beverage.   



If you are looking for the best instagram pretty content then you must stop at Polaberry. I think I spent more time taking pictures of all the beautiful product and store than I did devouring this adorable unicorn cakepop! Even the merchandise was gorgeous! Trying to pick what to buy was very difficult! A must see for any pink lovers or chocoholics! I also had possibly the best hot chocolate from my trip there, so also get that on your winter warming drinks list!



I couldn't have not come to Holland and not tried a stroopwafel, I went for one from Van Wonderen. With various topping options to have including more stroopwafel, Oreo, chocolate to hazelnuts (and more that I can't remember!) Nothing beats eating it warm from the waffle iron!



Continuing my sugary quest I went to the wonderful Tony's Chocolonely Super Store and created my very own bar! Tony's chocolate is out to create 100% slave free chocolate and traceability from bean to bar. Not only are they improving living quality for the people producing the cocoa, the chocolate is delicious! I went for milk chocolate with cinnamon sugar, hazelnut and spiced biscuit! I loved how personal you could make them from the packaging to the flavours! Perfect gift to bring back or keep for yourself I'm not judging!.



My last foodie stop less sweet and more meaty. I had a super tasty burger and sweet potato fries at The Butcher Social Club which is just below the A'DAM Lookout. I had the daddy burger and it was a beast of a burger but full of flavour from the edam to the fried onions, I didn't leave a scrap! The price point was also really good for the quality of food and its destination. There was also a really good selection of drinks which I wish I had tried out a boozy milkshake now!



That bring the end to my foodie adventures of Amsterdam for this trip. If you have any recommendations for if I go back I'd love to find more typical dutch places to eat!


No comments