Followers

Fresh Pasta To Your Door With Pasta Evangelist 🍝

I'm not usually one for subscriptions I have seen via Instagram but when I saw a account for pasta dishes through your letterbox I was intrigued. I saw Pasta Evangelist offering fresh pasta to your door I just had to try it out. I ordered Artisan Fusilloni with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, Wild Asparagus Tortelloni with Thyme Butter and Chocolate Filled Gnocchi with a Hazelnut Crumb. When it arrived it came surrounded with small cool-packs to keep it cool on delivery.



The company started in 2017 because they believe fresh pasta is best. Their founder, Alessandro, hails from Genova in the Italian region of Liguria, and was disappointed with the fresh pasta available in the UK, machine-made & a world away from the pasta of his youth, handmade by his nonnaThe deliver  in the UK to homes across the country, as well as sauces & garnishes sourced from Italy. We then invite you to prepare a 5* pasta dish in just 5 minutes.



This is my Artisan Fusilloni with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, I must admit I did add pancetta to this as well because I just fancied some meat with it. The pasta was so delicious and fresh as well as the pesto.  The sun-dried tomatoes came from Puglia and were crushed with basil and mint leaves and then the addition of Parmigiano cheese and olio extra vergine d'oliva. It tasted really good and I would order this one again due to it also only taking about 5 minutes, to prepare to it was perfect after a long day at work.


This dish was the Wild Asparagus Tortelloni with Thyme Butter garnished with Rosemary Grissini Crumb. The wild asparagus came from Abruzzo and to compliment it they put it with creamy ricotta cheese also sourced in Italy. This felt like a really simple dish but the flavours were anything but simple. I'm not usually a fan of rosemary and thyme but it just brought the dish together and I wish asparagus was around all year at this quality!

 

These limited edition Chocolate-Filled Gnocchi with a Hazelnut Crumb was certainly a first for me. Little gnocchi with Nutella inside made it kinda hard to work out what occasion I should eat this so I had these after a small dinner as a dessert. I did slightly burn them but they were still just as lovely with the oozing melted Nutella in the middle!

Anyway, here’s £10 off your first box. I’ll also get £20 off my next box too, so it’s win-win! 

No comments