Followers

Copenhagen Adventure Day 3 & 4🇩🇰

Here is my next part of my Copenhagen Adventure; day 1 & 2 is available here. I started off day three by visiting the Skt. Peders Bageri which was a really short walk from our hotel. We went on a Wednesday which they have deals on the cinnamon buns so you have to get their early to get them because they're super popular.



We then headed to the University of Copenhagen Botanical Gardens as it wasn't a very long walk from our hotel we thought we'd check it out. It is free to enter and very pleasant to walk round and admire the scenery both inside the greenhouses and around the grounds.





When we were there the lakes were frozen over so it was rather nice to go inside the warm greenhouses and check out more exotic foliage and even creatures as I found some tiny frogs and fish in the ponds. We sat by the lakes and had a hot chocolate and took in the views before heading across the road to the Rosenborg Castle. Rosenborg Castle is a royal hermitage set in the King’s Garden in the heart of Copenhagen, features 400 years of splendor, royal art treasures and the Crown Jewels and Royal Regalia. I did go all out with the KiraKira+ app on all the sparkly crown jewels. 



We then headed on a bus out to the Copenhagen Zoo. I was quite impressed how close you got to animals in this zoo compared to British zoos. I think my favourite part was the reindeer feeding and seeing the lion cubs. We had gone later in the day so it wasn't too busy as it was closing not long after we left so we didn't have to queue long to get in. They were constructing a rather impressive looking enclosure to hold some pandas they were getting from China so I'd imagine it'll be a place I would revisit when I go back again.



After the zoo we headed back to central Copenhagen to look round a few more shops, and then we headed to Tivolli. We went to Vapiano in the Tivoli food court, I liked watching them cook my pasta in front of me. To keep me warm on the walk back I popped into one of the Expresso Houses to get a hot chocolate, which I have to say was so good for a chain coffee shop.

 

The next morning we were up early as we were flying out in the afternoon, and wanted to fit in a quick trip to Den Blå Planet. We (sadly) checked out of Hotel Skt Petri and headed to grab a quick cinnamon bun for the road from Skt. Peders Bageri and headed for the metro. The aquarium had a left luggage so we could leave our cases there while we explored the three zones. I fell in love with Agnes and Mojo the sea otters who I was really impressed with how trained they were for being checked for their health while watching their training session.



I would really recommend a trip to the aquarium as it was certainly one of the best ones I have been to. Especially as its really easy to get to or even if you don't have a long time to visit I would definitely suggest it. After this we headed back on the metro to the airport.

I absolutely will be returning to Copenhagen in the not too distant future and exploring more of this beautiful city. I will certainly book back into Hotel Skt Petri, it couldn't have been a nicer hotel and the staff were amazing. Have you been to Copenhagen? If so let me know where I should check out next time I go!

No comments